Monday, August 8, 2011

The Beetles are Here!

It's been a hard day's night, and I've been working like a dog
It's been a hard day's night, I should be sleeping like a log
But when I get home to you I find the things that you do. . .
The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night

I've been working hard on my sideyard garden for weeks now. As each new day begins to unfold, noticeable progress can be gleaned on my planted greens.

I have been observing my tomato plants for the past few days because some of the blossoming leaves has visible white patches all over them (please see pic below). . .
I saw the culprits yesterday afternoon. . .
small red beetles a.k.a ladybirds a.k.a. bugs. . .
two of them, presumably, a male and a female . . .
I thought of capturing and burying them alive. . .
Drowning them in the pool. . .
Pounding them with stones. . .
have them take a bath in water full of strong detergents. . .
probably too harsh for these small creatures :-D
Now that the beetles are here, am in a dilemma!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mom Blogger is Back

I used to be active in the blogosphere but went in hiatus due to overwhelming responsibilities needing my full attention.  Because of my l...